In which I review an ebook about quilting


Today I give you my very first book review. The good folks at Fons and Porter contacted me to see if I would be interested in sharing my thoughts about their free ebook “Build Your Best Log Cabin.”

I said, “Sure!”

First of all, this book is 24 pages of nothing but the good stuff. No filler here. Lots of great pictures and clear instructions. Starting off with a bit of history, they move into basic construction techniques for three popular types of log cabin blocks: traditional, courthouse steps, and chevron.

I’m all about a good chart, and this book has no shortage. Charts for how wide to cut strips for different size blocks give the reader options. Cutting charts for the various patterns help eliminate the stress of wondering if you have what you need.

But that’s not all! Included are four great patterns from quilters you know like Ricky Tims and Marti Michel. They even throw in instructions for trapunto work and binding with piping.

And just when you thought that’s all there was, when you download this free ebook, you also get:
  • A free e-newsletter highlighting the latest quilting news, including trends and styles
  • Insider details on upcoming features in Love of Quilting, Easy Quilts, Quilting Celebrations, and more
  • Special Deal of the Week offers just for e-newsletter subscribers
So, I highly recommended that you run, not walk, to your nearest computer and hit this link to get this most informative book. 

Did I mention that it’s free?!


Comments